This photo, probably taken by Harriet Russell Stratton and printed from a glass negative, is identified as the first log home in the village of Piney Falls.
Home of Stephen Cawood family.
Cabin belonging to E. L. Stratton and constructed in 1876.
First home of the Leander Stratton and Martha (Jolly) Foster family.
Home of Harlan Charles Stebbins family built in the late 1870s.
A home built by M. L. (Martin Luther) Abbott circa 1877. In the early 1900s, the residence was acquired by the American Missionary Association and incorporated into its campus. Known as the "Bee Hive," it served as residence for the school's farm agent, Charles Olmstead, and its second floor boarded female students. After the GNI school closed, it became the home of the William Hilleary family
Home of A. A. (Abijah Adam) Hubbard family (foreground). Constructed circa 1877, it was destroyed by fire in the 1930s.
Home of Lt. Charles Jewett Jr. family, it was constructed in 1879 and demolished in 1976.
Home of the Samuel Lemons family.
Home of Edgerton family, followed by the Dewey family.
Home of Samuel and Margaret "Maggie" Quick family.
Home of Nelson Franklin Higby family.
Home of H. L. (Hiram Lord) Huntington family.
First home of Louis Marsh and Lucinda
(Stebbins) Starring family. It was likely the previous home of Jeremiah C. Shufelt and his wife Ann.
Second home of the Leander Stratton and Martha (Jolly) Foster family.
Home of the Henderson L. Robbs family.
Home of the J. D. (Jacob Dillard) and Martha (Boynton) Wyatt family.
Home of Charles Ells family.
"Antlers." Remodeled home of E. L. (Eastland Leander) Stratton family. Subsequently the home of Sam and Rhoda Lee (Stinecipher) Davis. Stratton's original cabin is seen at the center of structure.
Home of the C. J. Russell family.
Home of the Wilcox family.
Home of the William F. Taylor family. Constructed 1889.
"Lilac Lodge" - Home of the William H. and Celia (Remington) Clark family.
"Iris Inn" - Home of the Guy C. and Dora Waterman family.
Home of the Oscar Smith family.
"Yonder Hills" - Home of the Charles P. and Sarah K. (Clark) Yeatman family. Later to become the summer home of Dr. Mildred Campbell, 1913 graduate of the Grandview Normal institute.
"Cactus Cottage" - Home of Harriet Russell Stratton. Later to become the home of Ralph and Ruth (Hinds) Starring family. Ruth hinds was a 1920 graduate of the Grandview Normal Institute.
Home of Lydia Daniels.
Home of Rev. J. M. (James Milo) and Lucinda (Ingle) Hinds family.
Home the Human family.
Home of Calvin and Lilly (Hinds) Dye. Constructed by Cal Dye in 1910, it was destroyed by fire in 1985.
Hone of the L. L. Barton family.
Home of Henry L. Hilleary family
Second home of the Louis Marsh and Lucinda (Stebbins) Starring family.
Home of the M. D. (Major David) and Martha (Ingle) Hinds family. Originally built and owned by the Edgerton family (see above), it was remodeled by M.D. Hinds and Cal Dye circa 1905. The house was destroyed by fire in 197?.
Second home of the Oscar Smith family. It was the remodeled home of the Guy C. Waterman family (see above).