The Grandview Heritage Foundation was organized as a nonprofit corporation in 2000 for the purpose of documenting, preserving and publicly sharing the early history of Piney Falls and Grandview, Tennessee. Its Board of Directors is composed of individuals whose ancestors resided in the community prior to 1925 and/or attended the Grandview Normal Institute. The Foundation has collected and preserved numerous items reflecting early life in and around the Grandview community.
The Foundation has also purchased and/or protected several sites where buildings of historic significance were previously located. Some of the structures once found on these sites include the Shufelt/Starring Mill, two GNI dormitories (Hoyt Hall & Norris Hall), the GNI Boys Workshop, the GNI Principal's Cottage and the home of A.A. Hubbard.
Moving forward, the Foundation will be working toward restoring and converting the home of Harriet Russell Stratton to a gallery featuring her photos, rebuilding the Shufelt/Starring Mill, re-establishing A. A. Hubbard's nursery and constructing a State Highway 68 turnout featuring multiple State of Tennessee historic markers.
The Grandview Heritage Foundation is financially supported by private individuals, businesses and other nonprofit corporations. No public dollars have been used to fund the Foundation's activities and acquisitions.